Load and unload items as necessary, verifying count and condition including damage-free delivery. Secure loads properly and make sure loads are within weight limits. Operate the truck/trailer/tanker units in a safe manner, reporting any vehicle problems and defects to management. Comply with all DOT and company standards and regulations including maintaining a good driving record.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but not limited to:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform to essential functions.
- Load and unload products as necessary, verifying counts and condition including damage-free delivery.
- Secure loads properly and make sure loads are within weight limits.
- Operate the truck/trailer units in a safe manner, reporting any vehicle problems and defects to management.
- Comply with all DOT and company standards and regulations including maintaining a good driving record.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials by performing the following duties.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Lubricates truck, recharges batteries, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Position type and expected work hours:
This is a Full Time Position. Days and Hours are Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
5+ years of DOT experience
Physical Demands, Abilities & Work Environment:
The Physical demands described here are representative of those to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a profession work environment. This role routine uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photo copiers, filing cabinet, and fax machines.
Ability to read, write, and follow instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Please Note this job description is not designed to cover to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
James Austin Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.