Load and unload items as necessary, verifying count and condition including damage-free delivery. Secure loads properly and make sure loads are within weight limits. Operate the truck/trailer/tanker units in a safe manner, reporting any vehicle problems and defects to management. Comply with all DOT and company standards and regulations including maintaining a good driving record.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but not limited to:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform to essential functions.
- Load and unload products as necessary, verifying counts and condition including damage-free delivery.
- Secure loads properly and make sure loads are within weight limits.
- Operate the truck/trailer units in a safe manner, reporting any vehicle problems and defects to management.
- Comply with all DOT and company standards and regulations including maintaining a good driving record.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials by performing the following duties.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Lubricates truck, recharges batteries, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED WORK HOURS:
This is a Full Time Position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours are Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Overtime will be required with production demands.
- Results Driven
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or (GED)
- 5 years driving experience
- One year of current fork truck driving experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
James Austin Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.