The maintenance position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the sites business goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform to essential functions.
- Inspects, monitors and tests machinery and equipment.
- Fabricates, cuts and stick weld.
- Inspects and repair building structure.
- Installs and repairs 120vac, 277vac and 480vac lighting.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Basic knowledge of industrial electrical, including 120vac machine control circuitry, 480vac 3 phase motors and controls.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Develops sufficient understanding of all machinery used in the production process to ensure proper functioning procedures.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work overtime if needed and able to perform several tasks at once.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations and maintains good housekeeping in all related areas.
- Analyzes and resolves equipment problems, or assisting others in solving problems in a helpful and timely manner.
Position type and expected work hours
This is a Full Time Position. Days and Hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a one year certificate from a technical school
- 2 years’ experience installing, repairing and maintaining industrial equipment in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year of Stick Welding experience
- Farming equipment and auto mechanic experience preferred but not required.
Physical Demands, Abilities & Work Environment:
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; walk, balance, climb, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, stand, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic chemicals. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places. The employee often works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to read, write, and follow instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Please Note this job description is not designed to cover to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
James Austin Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.