The Shipper is primarily responsible for accurately loading product onto trailers for shipment. This position requires the ability to drive a forklift and some basic computer skills. Must pay close attention to detail. Drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials by performing the following duties. Additional responsibilities in the warehouse may be assigned as needed. Clears inventory, compiles and maintains records of quantity, and type of product stocked in the Warehouse. Submitting inventory data as scheduled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads and unloads trailers for delivery or shipment of finish product. Verifying accuracy of all goods shipped and received. Clears inventory of finished goods as required.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Loads, unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Accurately verifies and clears inventory using Company Software Package upon shipping goods.
- Inventories materials in the warehouse.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Lubricates truck, recharges batteries, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank
- Counts cases and/or pallets of product in stock daily, weekly, monthly, and as scheduled. Maintain totals via inventory records and submits data as required. Notifies supervisor about any discrepancies immediately.
- Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
Position type and expected work hours:
This is a Full Time Position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours are Monday through Friday 8:50am- 5:00pm. Overtime will be required with production demands.
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Organizational Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Some basic computer skills are preferred
- High school Diploma / G.E.D
- Valid Driver’s License is required
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.