Follows routine protocols under supervision of the Plant Manager with support from the Corporate Quality Director. Monitors production line to verify product is meeting company standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Communicate and coordinate with Plant Manager, Maintenance, Line Leaders and Corporate QA Director about production and standards as necessary.
- Conduct physical product and quality checks on the manufacturing lines at least four times per shift. Checks will be documented, reviewed and filed.
- Monitors and verifies production line on a daily basis for the following; proper raw materials are used based upon production specifications, bottle fill height, label orientation, carton structure and seal, carton and bottle coding, label condition, cap torque/heat seal and overall appearance of finished good. Advises and assists production employees in correcting product that does not meet quality standards.
- Verifies that each manufacturing line keeps up with cleanliness standards, such as; keeping minimal risk of contamination to finished goods.
- Assists with conduction and accuracy of inventory management for the facility.
- Collect and monitor batch sheets for ammonia and windshield washer fluid. Communicate results with Plant Manager and Quality Director.
- Monitor, perform and assure all batch and line testing is completed in a timely fashion.
- Complete and manage all quality documentation for the plant.
- Help in other areas when all other Quality Assurance tasks are completed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Assists the Plant Manager and Quality Director in leading production line employees to ensure quality product standards are met.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED WORK HOURS: This is a Full Time Position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours are Monday through Thursday 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Overtime will be required with production demands.
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analytical
- Time Management
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in chemistry or related field
- 2+ years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be proficient with all facets of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- ERP knowledge is preferred with specific knowledge of SAP.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
James Austin Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.