COMPANY: As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 23 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America’s largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP’s product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP’s in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
KIK Consumer Brands – Household Division Our Household Division (“Household”) is the #1 player in North American private label bleach, and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers. Although Household started as a small bleach plant in Concord, Ontario, we have since expanded to a network of 10 plants strategically located across the United States to efficiently manufacture a variety of cleaners for both hard and soft surfaces. In addition to its private label portfolio, Household manufactures and markets Greased Lighting®, The Works® branded products, Austin’s A-1 Bleach.
This position is located at our Ludlow, MA location.
Days and Hours are Monday through Thursday 7:30am-5:30pm
The Quality Assurance Technician follows routine protocols under supervision of the Quality Control Manager with support from the Plant Manager and EHS Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Test all batch and line samples in a timely fashion.
- Maintain all sample results and documentation.
- Provide Mixing Department with necessary formulation pages needed for production.
- Complete formulation page for testing time and pass/fail status.
- Analyze applicable raw materials and document testing records.
- Document all raw material paperwork including receipt forms and COA.
- Monitor and verify production line, as time permits, on a daily basis for the following; proper raw materials are used based upon production specifications, bottle fill height, label orientation, carton structure and seal, carton and bottle coding, label condition, cap torque/heat seal and overall appearance of finished good.
- Advise and assist Mixing Department and production employees in correcting product that does not meet quality standards.
- Verify that each manufacturing line keeps up with cleanliness standards, such as; keeping minimal risk of contamination to finished goods.
- Enter and confirm all formulations in SAP.
- Calibrate laboratory instrumentation and maintain records.
- Assist QC Manager with laboratory chemical inventory.
- Assists the QC EHS Manager in the implementation of hazardous waste management procedures.
- Serves as a member of the company’s emergency response team.
- Associates Degree in biology, chemistry or related field
- 2+ years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK’s retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
James Austin Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.