COMPANY: As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 23 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America’s largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP’s product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP’s in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
KIK Consumer Brands – Household Division Our Household Division (“Household”) is the #1 player in North American private label bleach, and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers. Although Household started as a small bleach plant in Concord, Ontario, we have since expanded to a network of 10 plants strategically located across the United States to efficiently manufacture a variety of cleaners for both hard and soft surfaces. In addition to its private label portfolio, Household manufactures and markets Greased Lighting®, The Works® branded products, Austin’s A-1 Bleach.
This position is located at our Ludlow, MA location.
A Production Worker in the Filling Room responsibilities include lifting, moving, and dumping boxes of empty plastic bottles onto the production line. Technicians also assemble corrugated cartons into boxes, operate production equipment and re-label product as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform to essential functions.
Level 1 – Production Worker:
This is a listing of some of the jobs you will be required to do, other duties may be assigned.
- Lifts and carries bundles of corrugated cartons, plastic bottles, labels, and other raw materials to the production line.
- Loads raw materials onto conveyors keeping the production line full and running.
- Operates the following equipment as needed; case erector, case sealing machine, bagger or debagger.
- Ensures product meets quality standards.
- Re-labels and repackages damaged product to return it to market condition.
- Informs proper personnel when more raw materials are needed.
RECORD KEEPING DUTIES:
- Keeps track of damaged cartons, bottles, and labels as needed.
- Enters damages on the proper papers.
- Assists in department inventory and performs basic record keeping duties.
Level 2 – Production Worker:
This is a listing of some of the jobs you will be required to do, other duties will be assigned. A level 2 employee will be required to perform all of the above duties plus these added duties.
- Operation of a labeling machine and/or a case packing machine.
- Loading of the labeling machine, which includes putting labels in the correct direction.
- Making sure the glue pots are filled to the proper height.
- Filling out the proper forms for tracking how many cases are ran on the line.
- Keeping track of the waste of labels, bottles, and boxes.
- Strict attention to details such as; correct label on the bottle, bottle markings are correct, box printing matches the label being run, tape, and glue is properly sealing the carton
- Correct box, bottle, and caps are being used.
- Operation of a filling machine.
- Operation of a capping machine and proper running of a cap sealing machine.
- Loading and unloading of a capping machine.
- Filling out the proper paperwork.
- Strict attention to details such as; proper fill height, labels and bottle markings are correct, correct cap is on, cap seal is properly adhered, product is the correct color, and bottles are not wet.
- Bringing raw materials to the line.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED WORK HOURS:
This is a Full Time Position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours are Monday through Thursday 6:00am- 4:00pm or 4:00pm-2:00am, depending on which shift. Overtime will be required with production demands.
- Attention to Detail
- Results Driven
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or (GED)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please Note this job description is not designed to cover to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
A CAREER WITH KIK OFFERS:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK’s retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
James Austin Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.