Responsible for tracking and updating raw material inventory, expediting purchases, and contacting suppliers. Maintains records of quantity of raw material stocked in the plant.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform to essential functions.
- Works with Vendors and Salesperson in placing orders of all raw materials.
- Place orders from requisition forms submitted by plant personnel.
- Create accurate purchase order forms in SAP and Excel with confirmations attached.
- Maintain accurate records of quotes from current and prospective suppliers.
- With proper training may be required to negotiate with current and prospective suppliers.
- Advise the Purchasing Manager of any increase or decrease in the price of raw materials needed for production and Plant Supplies.
- Advise Purchasing Manager of substitution of raw materials or change in raw material items so the bill of materials can be changed.
- Verify receiving through packing slips and bill of lading. Enter correct quantity and amount in SAP system.
- Review open Purchase Orders weekly and follow up with Vendor regarding open orders.
- Research on popular items which vendor is cheapest while maintaining quality standards.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Completes accurate Purchase Orders and purchase order partials for financial department.
- Interacts with managers and expedites orders for raw material and Supply requests.
- Investigates inadequate purchase orders, delinquent orders, billing/shipping discrepancies and returned materials.
- Reports damaged and defective materials to Purchasing Manager, Quality Control Manager, Inventory Manager and Suppliers.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or discontinued items.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Position type and expected work hours:
This is a Full Time Position, 40 hours per week. Days and hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Organization Skills
- Customer / Client Focus
- Time Management
- Decision Making
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledgeable of James Austin Company product is a plus
- Proficient use of PC including MS Office applications
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Software is a plus
This is a sedentary role. Position may require to lift office supplies up to, but not limiting 40 pounds.
Work Environment & Abilities:
This job operates in a professional work environment. This role routine uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photo copiers, and filing cabinet and fax machines.
Ability to read, write, and follow instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
James Austin Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.